As the weather policy discussion ramps up in Congress and the incoming Biden administration, there are a wide variety of strategies about how to measure, incentivize and control additional sustainable techniques. The 2021 Agri-Pulse Ag & Food Policy Summit will offer a possibility to have interaction with a wide range of policy makers and field professionals about what alterations could be on the horizon.
This year’s digital summit will attribute 3 half-day periods, March 22-24, with the theme: “Climate Challenges, Benefits and Uncertainties.”
“President-elect Joe Biden designed action on weather alter a vital portion of his marketing campaign system and has pledged to aim on weather in every federal agency. He’s not by itself,” says Agri-Pulse Editor and Founder Sara Wyant. “Major food providers are now creating carbon commitments and anticipating farmers and offer chains to comply with a emphasis on sustainable and regenerative practices. Nonetheless, there are a ton of unique components involved with obtaining the science, the economics and the cultural elements to align in a way that makes measurable and beneficial outcomes.”
“This is a great chance to explore numerous plan selections and to share tips for how agriculture and the foods marketplace can have seats at the climate options table,” provides Wyant.
If COVID-19 limitations enable, Agri-Pulse will also host a reception at the Nationwide Push Club at 5 pm on March 24. Registration is readily available in this article.
Summit conversations will aim on study demands, potential prices, carbon payments, federal policy alternatives, proposed regulatory modifications and extra. Invited speakers involve but are not minimal to:
- Tom Vilsack, Secretary of Agriculture- designate
- Jeff Harmening, Normal Mills
- Chuck Magro, Nutrien
- Rep. David Scott, D-Ga.
- Rep. Glenn Thompson, R-Pa.
- Senator Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich.
- Senator John Boozman, R-Ark.
- Senator Chris Coons, D-Del.
- Senator Mike Braun, R-Ind.
- Debbie Reed, Ecosystem Products and services Current market Consortium
- Frank Mitloehner, UC Davis
- Marty Matlock, University of Arkansas
- Barb Glenn, Nationwide Affiliation of Condition Departments of Agriculture
- Leslie Sarasin, FMI – The Food stuff Industry Affiliation
- Mikel Hancock, Walmart
- Chuck Conner, Nationwide Council of Farmer Cooperatives
- Zippy Duvall, American Farm Bureau Federation
- Elizabeth Gore, Environmental Protection Fund
- Rob Larew, Countrywide Farmers Union
About Agri-Pulse: Agri-Pulse is the most reliable supply for farm and rural coverage facts in Washington, D.C. and Sacramento, CA, giving a well balanced viewpoint on a large selection of difficulties including the farm bill, diet, trade, labor, food items security, water, ecosystem, biotechnology, organic, conservation and crop insurance. Agri-Pulse publishes a subscription-only e-newsletter, the Agri-Pulse Day-to-day Harvest early morning news summary, Agri-Pulse Daybreak, Agri-Pulse DriveTime podcast, and breaking information on www.Agri-Pulse.com.