Agri-Pulse is happy to welcome Nutrien as the Platinum sponsor for the 2021 Ag & Food stuff Policy Summit. This year’s virtual summit will characteristic three half-working day classes, March 22-24, with the topic: “Local weather Hazards, Benefits and Uncertainties.“
“Individuals, meals processors and growers alike are nervous about local weather-relevant threats and how to offer with them in a way that is the two environmentally and economically sustainable. We genuinely value our sponsors and members who are supporting this critical conversation,” explained Sara Wyant, Agri-Pulse editor and founder.
In a new Iowa Farm and Rural Everyday living Poll, more than half of farmers surveyed indicated they are worried about local weather change’s likely impacts on their operations. That was an boost from 35 p.c in 2011.
“All through our virtual summit, we hope to carry a broad range of stakeholders together to explore the plan, science and techniques going through agriculture and foodstuff units,” extra Wyant. This digital occasion will involve a 50 %-working day morning session on March 22, together with 50 percent-working day afternoon classes on March 23 and 24.
“Nutrien is honored to provide as the Platinum sponsor for the 2021 Ag & Food Coverage Summit,” mentioned Jeremy Stump, vice president of Worldwide Federal government and Market Affairs, Nutrien. “We consider this year’s matter ‘Climate Dangers, Benefits and Uncertainties’ is critically critical. Nutrien is calling on government and marketplace stakeholders to arrive jointly to evolve the process and insurance policies essential to unlock the opportunity of the agriculture sector as a leader in climate action when conference the challenge of feeding a escalating worldwide inhabitants.”
Summit discussions will concentration on investigation desires, prospective expenditures, carbon payments, federal coverage alternatives, proposed regulatory adjustments and more.
Invited and confirmed speakers incorporate but are not restricted to:
- Tom Vilsack, Secretary of Agriculture nominee
- Robert Bonnie, Deputy main of staff for coverage and senior advisor on local weather at USDA
- Residence Agriculture Committee Chairman David Scott, D-Ga.
- Residence Agriculture Committee Position Member Glenn Thompson, R-Pa.
- Senate Agriculture Committee Chairwoman Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich.
- Senate Agriculture Committee Ranking member John Boozman, R-Ark.
- Senator Chris Coons, D-Del.
- Senator Mike Braun, R-Ind.
- Chuck Magro, Nutrien
- Debbie Reed, Ecosystem Companies Current market Consortium
- Frank Mitloehner, UC Davis
- Marty Matlock, University of Arkansas
- Barb Glenn, National Association of Condition Departments of Agriculture
- Leslie Sarasin, FMI – The Food Industry Affiliation
- Mikel Hancock, Walmart
- Chuck Conner, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives
- Zippy Duvall, American Farm Bureau Federation
- Elizabeth Gore, Environmental Defense Fund
- Rob Larew, Countrywide Farmers Union
- Dr. Dewayne Goldmon, Countrywide Black Growers Council
- Chris Harbourt, Indigo Carbon
- Jason Weller, Truterra
- Tom Well worth, Danger Management Company
- Tara Smith, Crop Coverage and Reinsurance Bureau
- Dave Tenny, Nationwide Alliance of Forest Homeowners
Supplemental sponsors include things like:
Gold: American Farm Bureau Federation, Corteva, Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative, Farm Credit score, FLM Harvest, Indigo Ag, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives, and Syngenta.
Silver: Environmental Protection Fund
Bronze: Ag Council of The usa, American Sugar Alliance, American Seed Trade Association, Farmer Mac, John Deere, Nationwide, Nationwide Crop Insurance Solutions, Pivot Bio, and Truterra.
Registration is offered below.