AgTech Leader Netafim to Obtain Dutch Greenhouse Corporation Gakon Horticultural Projects to Meet Expanding Demand for Local Meals Creation in All Climates Usa – English United states – English Usa – English United states of america – English United states – English United states – English

TEL AVIV, Israel, March 8, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Netafim, the world-wide leader of precision irrigation answers and agricultural assignments, these days introduced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Dutch turnkey greenhouse assignments supplier Gakon.

Netafim has been lively for quite a few a long time in the greenhouse marketplace and is now growing its offering in the production and source of prime-tier greenhouse projects to satisfy the raising desire for the most highly developed farming strategies. Driven by rising populations, the get in touch with for sustainable agriculture and rising concern around food stuff stability there has been a surge of interest in regionally grown contemporary make. Netafim will offer growers with a comprehensive featuring of the very best greenhouse technologies, constructions, irrigation, fertigation, and crop growing knowledge as effectively as other ag connected solutions to allow farmers to maximize productivity and effectiveness in all local climate ailments.

The acquisition is synergetic, combining Netafim’s world-wide existence and expertise in precision agriculture and Gakon’s innovative greenhouse engineering.

With 56 a long time of agricultural task experience and array of sophisticated irrigation technologies used in 80% of the world’s expert superior-stop greenhouses, Netafim is very well-proven as a main player in world wide agriculture engineering. Gakon brings unique know-how in all features of greenhouse challenge execution, glasshouse production abilities, and a verified monitor document in important marketplaces. The expanded offering leverages Netafim’s ability as a holistic destination for the raising numbers of growers of 12 months-spherical crops and farm-to-desk nearby produce.

“Greenhouse assignments ended up now a strategic precedence for Netafim, with Covid-19 more validating the relevance of meals stability and a area fresh new offer. We are delighted to be a part of forces with Gakon to enhance our in-home greenhouse relevant abilities, which include production, and present local farmers and growers across the environment with greenhouse remedies and companies that will help both of those farmers and nearby food stuff protection,” reported Gabriel (Gaby) Miodownik, Netafim CEO.

“Teaming up with Netafim unlocks a earth of chances for us,” reported Pieter van Berchum, Director of Gakon. “We are fired up to be ready to use our deep know-how and competencies of greenhouse horticulture to new marketplaces and be section of a team that is established to push ahead sustainable and profitable crop creation.”

About Netafim
Netafim is the world’s greatest irrigation enterprise and the world-wide chief in precision irrigation solutions fully commited to battling scarcity of foodstuff, water, and land, for a sustainable long term. With 33 subsidiaries and 17 production plants throughout the world, Netafim provides innovative, tailor-produced irrigation and fertigation options to thousands and thousands of farmers from smallholders to huge-scale agricultural producers, in over 110 nations.

Started in 1965, Netafim pioneered the drip revolution, making a paradigm change towards precision irrigation. Right now, the organization specializes in conclusion-to-conclude methods from the h2o supply to the root zone, and provides a wide variety of irrigation, open discipline and greenhouse initiatives, as very well as landscaping and mining options supported by engineering, venture administration and financing products and services. Netafim also sales opportunities the way in electronic farming, having integrated real-time checking, evaluation, and automated handle into just one point out-of-the-art system.

In 2017, Orbia obtained 80% of Netafim, when Kibbutz Hatzerim retains the remaining 20%. Netafim is element of the Orbia community of providers, working alongside one another to deal with some of the world’s most elaborate worries.

About Gakon
Gakon Horticultural Tasks is a single of the top organizations in the globe for manufacturing, providing, developing, and servicing large high quality turnkey horticultural projects. With 70 decades of encounter, Gakon has been handling tasks from ideation to completion. In their headquarters with built-in output centered in Westland, Netherlands, Gakon creates their personal greenhouses.

See how Netafim’s solutions are shifting the economics of agriculture and supporting the world Improve Much more with Less™ at www.netafim.com.

Supply Netafim

Associated Hyperlinks

http://www.netafim.com