This Easy Bruschetta Chicken Recipe is a summertime favorite, especially when tomatoes are in season. This is essentially chicken breast topped with mozzarella cheese and our fresh tomato Bruschetta and drizzled with Balsamic Glaze.
This is so fresh and flavorful. You’ll love that Chicken Bruschetta is a 30-minute dinner and comes together in one pan.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
What is Bruschetta Chicken? It combines chicken breast and classic Italian Bruschetta. Instead of the toasts, we’re using chicken breast and it’s served as a main course instead of an appetizer.
If you are looking for a chicken dinner that is impressive yet is so easy to make, it will be this Chicken Bruschetta recipe. Nothing beats the combination of pan-seared chicken breast topped with the Bruschetta mixture and drizzled with our homemade glaze. The bruschetta topping is especially delicious with summer garden tomatoes, but it can also be made year-round with roma tomatoes.
One-pan chicken recipes like our Stuffed Chicken Breast, Creamy Tuscan Chicken, or Chicken Marsala are really simple to make for a weeknight dinner, but look so impressive and are fancy enough to serve when you have guests over.
Ingredients for Chicken Bruschetta
The ingredients are so simple for this recipe and you most likely already have them on hand/
- Bruschetta – We used half a portion of our classic Bruschetta Recipe.
- Chicken – Boneless skinless chicken breast works best here.
- Marinade – to season the chicken, we use salt, pepper, freshly minced garlic, and Italian seasoning along with olive oil.
- Balsamic Glaze – We used our homemade Balsamic Glaze, but you can easily substitute for a store-bought glaze with great results.
How to Make Bruschetta Chicken
- Make Bruschetta – Make half a portion of Homemade Bruschetta by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside for the flavors to meld.
- Beat Chicken – Beat the chicken breasts until even in thickness for even cooking.
- Season Chicken – In a bowl, combine the olive oil with minced garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Add the chicken and coat on all sides.
- Marinate – Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook Chicken – Cook the chicken 3-5 minutes per side, or until an internal temperature reaches 165ºF on an instant-read thermometer.
- Add cheese – Top with cheese and close the lid on the skillet until cheese melts.
- Serve – Remove the chicken from heat. Add the tomato mixture and drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
Pro Tip: For the chicken to cook evenly, you’ll want to pound it to an even thickness. Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound it to a 1/2″ thickness using either a meat mallet, the back of a heavy saucepan, or even a rolling pin.
You could serve Bruschetta Chicken in a sandwich on Focaccia, or as the main course with simple sides. Here are some of our favorite side dishes to serve with Bruschetta Chicken:
You can easily make this recipe up to one day in advance. Prep all of the elements of this dish ahead and keep them apart until you are ready to assemble and serve.
- Prepare the Bruschetta – cover, and keep it refrigerated.
- Cook the chicken breast – cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate.
- Reheat the chicken breast on a skillet and proceed with the recipe by topping with the cheese, bruschetta, and glaze.
You can freeze the chicken breast but the Bruschetta topping is best enjoyed fresh. Tomatoes should not be frozen or they become mushy.
Yes, green beans and asparagus will work great in this recipe. We like to cook them separately and serve them alongside the chicken.
No, you can use any of your favorite methods for cooked chicken breast. Grilled chicken and baked chicken breast would work great in this recipe as well.
If you don’t have chicken breast on hand, chicken tenderloins or chicken thighs will work just fine.
Make this Bruschetta Chicken recipe and everyone will be impressed. It’s a great choice for a light, fresh and flavorful summer dinner, or anytime really.
More Chicken Recipes:
Easy Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Juicy chicken topped with melty mozzarella cheese, topped with homemade Tomato Bruschetta, and drizzled with Balsamic Glaze. Serve this over pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes. An easy and excellent chicken dinner.
Cost to Make:
Bruschetta Chicken, Chicken Bruschetta
Servings: 4 servings
In a bowl, add the diced tomatoes, chopped basil leaves, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper and mix until well combined, set aside.
Beat the chicken until it’s even in thickness. In a large bowl add the 2 Tbsp oil, salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper and minced garlic. Add chicken and stir to coat then cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil. Once hot, add the chicken to the skillet and saute for 3-5 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165ºF on a food thermometer.
Once the chicken is cooked, reduce the heat to low and top each chicken with a slice of cheese. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook until cheese melts.
Remove the chicken from heat. Top each chicken breast with the Bruschetta and drizzle with balsamic glaze before serving.
Easy Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g19%
Trans Fat 0.01g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Vitamin A 832IU17%
Vitamin C 14mg17%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Getting the Family Involved – Losing Weight Together
What to Say and Not Say at Your Company’s Holiday Party
Vacations on a Budget – Consider a Staycation